Entry to building and reception
Designated Car parking spaces. Level access to
reception. Induction loop provided.
H2 V2 M3
Accessible bedrooms available. (Room numbers 18, 160, 161)
H1 V2 M3
Restaurants and Bars
Restaurant & Bar accessible. Residents Bar and Pizzeria, not
H1 V2 M2
All conference rooms accessible.
H1 V1 M3
Fully accessible via ramp to side doors. Stairs to Gym and Pool
H1 V1 M2
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Braille procedures available. Staff to collect guests from
room. Evacuation chairs available.
H1 V1 M3
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you
enjoy your visit to the Britannia Country House Hotel, regardless
of whether your life is affected in some way by a
Medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to you arrival
Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or
Should you require a taxi to the Hotel, Piccadilly Station (Manchester City Centre) is
5.6 miles away and Manchester International Airport is 4.9 miles away. Black cabs are readily available which are suitable for wheelchair users.
Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
• There is a lowered kerb at the end of the Hotel.
• There are several 'disabled' parking spaces almost immediately outside the main hotel entrance.
• The entrance is fitted with two sets of 'swing' doors.
• The floor is carpeted through out and is suitable for wheel chairs.
• Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
• Reception may at your request complete the registration card on your behalf allowing you to add your signature
• Our corridors are well lit and carpeted through out.
• Executive bedrooms can only be accessed by a lift suitable for wheelchairs
• The Main hotel bar can be accessed by using 2 steps down.
• Our Restaurant is situated on the same level as reception.
• All of our Conference and Event rooms are on the same level as Reception.
• A disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor, adjacent to the bar area.
• The Fire alarm system is a bell in the public areas and the bedrooms.
• Two rooms on the ground floor also have flashing lights.
• Our restaurant is situated on the ground floor and is accessible for wheel chairs.
• The Restaurant offers a carvery self-service for all meals and also a Pizzeria Restaurant.
• There is moveable seating and tables in the Restaurant
• The Bar is situated on the ground floor level, but is accessed using two steps down, members of staff are available to offer table service.
• There is ample moveable seating in the bar
• A limited number of accessible rooms are available on the first floor of the Hotel, (executive) which are accessed from the reception area via the lift. (Room numbers 18, 160, 161)
• The baths have a handrail, the washbasins are slightly lower level and the toilets also have rails
• Bathroom doors are suitable for wheel chair access.
• Rooms are situated close to the lifts.
Conference and Banqueting Facilities
• All event rooms are situated on the ground floor, and are suitable for wheelchair users.
• All Dogs are welcome
• Special diets can be catered for if notified in advance
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistances, please call 0161 434 3411.