Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to the Britannia Hotel, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a Medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to you arrival
• Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or fax
• Should you require a taxi to the hotel from the train station, black cabs are situated outside which are suitable for wheel chair users. We can also arrange taxi's for you throughout your stay here at the hotel.
• Directions to the hotel can be found on our website or you can phone the hotel direct were we will be happy to assist you.
On arrival at the hotel
• There is a ramp situated outside the hotel which leads to an automatic door.
• The ramp has access to the entrance of the hotel.
• Parking is situated in the NCP Car Park, adjacent to the hotel, and by parking on level one this will then enable you to enter the hotel via the bar area.
Entry into Building and Reception
•Ramped access to automatic door.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
•The hotel offers 2 accessible bedrooms on floors 3 and 4, both have walk-in showers and can be accessed by the main lift
•Conference rooms are all accessible by the main, designated disabled toilets in separate area are also accessible. A dedicated conference & training suite is available on the 10th floor & is fully accessible.
Restaurant and Bar
•Level access to Restaurant. Lounge/table service for Bar. Carvery assistance offered by staff. Room service available.
Fire and Evacuation Procedures
•Braille procedures available. Staff to collect guests from room. Evacuation chairs available
• Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
• Reception may at your request complete the registration card on your behalf allowing you to add your signature
• Our corridors are well lit and carpeted through out and can be accessed by a lift suitable for wheelchairs
• Our Bar area is open plan and is situated next to the main restaurant both are accessible by the main lift
• All conference rooms can be accessed by the main lift in the hotel.
• A disabled toilet is situated on the first floor of the hotel and can be accessed by the main lift
• The toilets are fitted with pull alarms with will notify reception is assistance is needed.
• The Fire alarm system is a bell in the public areas and the bedrooms and is tested every Wednesday.
• The Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch (if required) and dinner is accessed by taking the lift on each of the floors
• The restaurant offers a carvery self service for all meals and also a la carte in the evening. The restaurant staff will advise of the choices and serve you at the table.
• All areas are well lit and there is ample seating in the restaurant.
• The bar is situated on the same level as the restaurant and can be accessed by the lift on all floors
• A bar snack menu is available due bar opening times with hot food being served until 10.00pm
• . The bar staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• Two rooms are fitted with pull cord in the bedroom and bath room for emergency use, these rooms also have wheelchair accessible showers (Room numbers 318, 418)• Two rooms are fitted with pull cord in the bedroom and bath room for emergency use, with lowered baths in the bathroom. (Room numbers 105 & 205)
• Inter-connecting rooms are available on each of the floors
• All rooms can be accessed by the main guest lift
Conference and Banqueting Facilities
• Our main banqueting facility, the Albany Suite can be accessed from the main lift and is on one level
• In addition, we have conference rooms situated on the 10th floor, again which can be accessed via the lift
• The disabled toilet is situated one floor up from the reception, and can be accessed from all floors via the main lift
• Guide assistance dogs are welcome
• Selected Rooms have fridges in them for medication
• Special diets can be catered for if notified in advance
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart