Entry to building and reception - Ramp access at the side of the main entrance to gain access in to the hotel.
Lift Access to most floors, separate lifts for different areas of hotel. Not all bedrooms are accessible by lift.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Rooms 208 and 210 are fitted with disabled facilities and are situated on the second floor in the hotel, accessible by lift.
Restaurant and Bars
Harbour Lights dining room is accessible by lift from the ground floor.
Conference Rooms/Entertainment Rooms
Cabaret ballroom and small meeting rooms are all on the ground floor. Nightly entertainment is held in the Cabaret ballroom. Coffee bar/lounge is situated on the ground floor. Palm Court ballroom is on the first floor, accesible by lift and 12 stairs.
Fire and evacuation procedures
Braille procedures available from reception desk, staff have priority listing for guests who need assistance in the event of an emergency, please register on arrival.
Prior to your arrival
• Enquiries and assistance may be made by phone direct to the hotel on 01723 375371 or FAX to 01723 378518
• If you are travelling by train many Station Taxis have large disabled taxis and can be pre-booked to meet your train, direct on 01723 366366, the station is less than 1.5 miles from hotel and the typical fare in the region of £4.60
• Directions to the hotel by car can be found on our website.
• There is an exterior ramp located to the left hand side of the hotel's main entrance, if these black doors are locked shut for security reasons please ask at reception for the access door to be opened, access is available 24 hours a day. These doors are controlled manually. Please note, there is a door bell on the door to gain access from the outside if closed.
• The ramp has access to the main hotel and reception area
• Please note the hotel has no car parking facilities at all and ALL nearby parking bays are subject to availability as they are all operated by Scarborough District Council, if you have a national recognised disabled disc, no fee is payable for these spaces, if no disc reduced daily permits can be bought for £3.00 at reception. You can load and unload for a limited time in the hotels loading bay area at the front of the hotel. Council car parking attendants are in evidence 24 hours a day and they do issue tickets for car parking not done in compliance with their bye-laws.
• The floor is carpeted throughout and suitable for wheelchairs
• Reception is on one level, assistance by hotel staff can be given for registering, or hotel staff can complete your card on your behalf for you to sign
• All corridors are carpeted or tiled and accessible for a wheelchair
• Hotel lifts are small and can only accommodate 1 wheelchair and 1 carer at a time
• All Restaurants and Bars (except Harbour Lights which can be accessed via lifts) are on ground floor level.
• The Cabaret Ballroom is on 2 levels and ground floor is direct access and 1st floor level accessed by lift, Palm Court Ballroom is accessible by lift but requires assisted staff access to this room as they are 12 steps.
• The hotel has a large Sea-View Terrace with limited access via a separate ramp situated from inside the Coffee Shop.
• A designated and spacious unisex disabled toilet is located on the north side of the ground floor sea view corridor
• All other toilets are on the ground floor but are standard size and have no direct wheelchair access.
• The Fire Alarm throughout the building is a loud audible siren
• A continuous sounding of the alarm means you should evacuate the building and do not use any lift
• Please register for assistance in the event of an emergency at the hotel Reception Desk
• Harbour Lights is the hotel's main restaurant serving breakfast and dinner and is accessible by lift or stairs.
• The Premier restaurant serves breakfast and dinner and can be used on payment of a supplement or is included with all Premier Room packages.
• Both hotel restaurants operate a fully self-service Hot and Cold Buffet for breakfast and dinner.
• During the day the Coffee Shop operates a full snack & coffee lounge menu.
• There is ample space in both restaurants, although at peak times both restaurants do get busy.
• Service is restricted to counter service only serving bar drinks and hot drinks.
• There is ample seating, but please note most seating consists of individual and large sofas, upright chairs can be requested, and staff can assist to take drinks to table.
• A very limited number of rooms on the 2nd floor which are accessed via lift. The Hotel has four ground floor rooms and only one ground floor rom has grab rails in the bathroom
• These rooms have a large bedroom area with plenty of space for mobility in a wheelchair, the bathrooms only have showers which does involve a small step, they have seats and grab rails, sinks are at lower level and the toilets has grab rails by side
• These rooms are situated close to stairs and lift for easier access
• Guide Dogs for the blind and partially sighted welcome, sorry no other dogs allowed
• Special diets can be requested if notified in advance of arrival.
• Medication can be stored by the hotel in a refrigerated environment with pre-arranged access when needed, they are no fridges in any rooms
• Smoking areas are on designated locations on the Sea -View Terrace and outside on street level either side of the hotel's main doors. There are no covered smoking facility areas provided by the hotel.