Entry to building and reception
2 Designated parking spaces, steps up to reception, with disabled lift.
H2 V2 M3
2 Designated twin rooms, clear turning circle in bedroom and bathroom.
H1 V1 M2
Restaurants and Bars
Level access to both bars & restaurant, staff briefed to describe menu, special diets catered for.
H1 V1 M3
Level access to all conference rooms. Portable induction loop available.
H2 V2 M3
No easy access to gym.
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Disabled Guests to remain in room until contacted by Duty Manager. Braille procedure available.
H1 V1 M3
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to Sachas Hotel, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
• Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone or email.
• Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Piccadilly Station (5 minutes drive) Victoria Station (5 minutes drive) or Manchester International Airport (30 minute drive), hackney cabs are readily available which are suitable for wheelchair users, if required.
• Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
• There are two disabled parking bays outside the hotel.
• At the front doors there is a dedicated alarm bell for guests with disabilities, which alerts the Reception team to your presence.
• The Duty Manager will help you with access to the hotel and Reception by operating and accompanying you on a disabled lift.
• The floor is carpeted throughout and is suitable for wheelchairs.
• Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
• The reception desk is fitted with a hearing loop.
• Our corridors are well lit and carpeted throughout.
• Our residents bar and restaurants are located on the lower ground floor which can be accessed via the guest lifts.
• There are magnetised doors which do not need to be opened throughout the hotel.
• Disabled toilets is situated on the second floor and is accessed via the guest lifts alighting on the second floor, turn right, through the double doors (which need to be opened) and the toilet is situated to the right.
Fire alarm system
• The fire alarm system has sirens in the public areas and bedroom corridors. Also flashing lights in the licensed areas of the hotel. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary.
Restaurants and bars
• Jenny's restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner is accessed by travelling in the guest lift to level G. From there a short distance via a short ramp takes you into the Diner bar adjacent to Jenny's restaurant. Jenny's restaurant operates as a self service carvery area for all meals, wheelchair users would not be able to access this facility but there are tables set aside on the upper level and the restaurant supervisor would be able to explain the choices available and serve you at your table.
• Background music plays in the restaurant and bar areas.
• All areas are well lit.
• There is ample moveable seating in this restaurant.
• There is no access to our Pizzeria restaurant which is located on an upper level adjacent to Jenny's restaurant, the restaurant supervisor would be able to explain the choices available and serve you at your table.
• There is no access to our Diner bar which is located on an upper level adjacent to Jenny's restaurant, the bar team would be able to explain the choices available and serve you at your table.
• A limited number of rooms are available for disabled access with a carer.
• Bathrooms are fitted with grab rails and the bathroom doors open outwards for easy access.
• Bedrooms generally have limited space for wheelchair users.
Conference and banqueting facilities
• Our main banqueting suites are located just off the main reception area with disabled toilet facilities as outlined above.
• Guide dogs are welcome.
• A fridge can be made available upon request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement; however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provided. If you require further assistance, please call 0161 228 1234