Entry to building and reception
Reserved parking spaces, level access, automatic doors. Ramp provided. Clip board at reception.
H1 V1 M3
2x Single disabled Bedrooms on ground floor, accessible bathroom with room to turn wheelchair, bathing board available in bath. (Room numbers 28 & 29)
H1 V1 M2
Restaurants and Bars
Level access to Bar & Restaurant, space under tables for wheelchairs. Staff briefed to describe menu, special diets catered for.
H1 V1 M2
Level access to all conference rooms. All doors are at least 75cm wide. Portable induction loop available.
H1 V1 M3
Prior to arrival
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact our in house reservations team on 0191 4019900
• The airport is a 2-minute walk & there is a metro (light train service) link to various locations such as Newcastle City, Falcons Rugby Ground & Whitley Bay. The metro is accessible
• You can contact the hotel by phone, email fax or in person. We are open 24 hours a day although response, e.g. to emails may be reduced from 11pm to 6 am
On Arrival at the Hotel
• The car park is on one level and there are 450 spaces, of which 7 are designated for disabled guests, located in close proximity to the hotel entrance
• All guests should use the main entrance to the Hotel, there are no steps and there is a dropped curb
• The main entrance has an automatic door and two manual doors that open both ways
• If you need assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, our team of Porters are on duty 24 hours
Main Entrance & Reception Area
• There are no steps in the main lobby area
• The front desk is immediately in front of you when entering the main entrance
• There are a number of sitting areas in the reception / lobby
• The reception desk is 117cm high. Registration can be completed whilst sitting in the reception area and we have clip boards available
• There is an induction loop installed at reception, staff can advise of the best location
• On check in staff will brief you on our evacuation policy.
• To the left of reception are lifts to all floors for bedrooms & gym.
• The main restaurant & bar are located to the right of reception. There are no steps or slopes on route or at the entrance to the bar or restaurant.
• Familiarisation tours can we given where required
• The public telephones are located to the left of reception, both are wall mounted. Reception can provide a telephone at a lower height upon request.
• The lift has audible enunciation and tactile buttons at standard height. There is one mirror at the back of the lift at 115 cm - 106 cm. The other sides are brushed steel effect.
• There are two sets of public toilets, one in the meeting area & one opposite reception. Both sets have a unisex accessible toilet• The toilets provide:
• Emergency Alarm pull cord
• Flashing light when for alarm sounds
• 260cm x 160cm free space, free from obstacles and doors
• Floor is tiled
• There are handrails either side of the toilets
• There is a lowered washbasin & hand drying facilities
• There is colour contrast with critical surfaces, tiles are coloured and sanitary ware is grey
• Nearest toilets to the restaurant are located opposite reception, details can be seen in the public areas WC section
• There is a restaurant on the ground floor opposite the bar. It has level entry, is open plan with a raided section at the rear. Flooring is both wooden and carpeted. The restaurant is table service only and we are able to cater for varying dietary requests, please advise staff on booking. Lighting is mainly daylight whilst for an evening meal lighting is lowered with candles on the tables, this can be increased at certain tables if required.
• There is a bar on the ground floor on the right of reception. It has a level entry & is open plan with carpeted floors. There is a selection of tables at varying height. The area is well lit with low-level lighting on an evening with candles on the tables. The pool table is in a raised area at the back of the bar. The floor is wooden and two small steps access it. Table service is offered.
• Laundry service & dry cleaning is offered. Bags are available in bedrooms and are collected by 9am each day and returned by 6pm. (no dry cleaning sat & sun)
• There is a small cabinet at the main reception, which contains items for sale. These can be purchased through reception. There are toiletries as well as gifts & souvenirs
• The gym is located on the first floor and is accessible by the lift. It is an unmanned facility. Equipment includes cycling machine, running machine, rowing machine, weights & bars
• There are no outdoor facilities
Conference and Banqueting Facilities
• We have 4 meeting rooms to the right of reception and 3 to the left, all on ground floor and accessible
• Lighting is even but can be controlled by individuals in each room
• Please notify the conference department in advance if any additional services are required e.g. interpreters, palantypist, specific seating or staging, we do try to accommodate everyone's needs where possible.
• There are accessible toilets in the main conference foyer which are of the same specification as the public wc
• There are 2 accessible bedrooms on ground floor (Room numbers 28 & 29)
• Wide but easy to open entry doors
• Lower level bath / shower with grab rails
• Grab rails either side of the toilet
• Lower level spy hole
• Lower level wardrobe & furniture
• Flooring in bedroom is carpet & bathroom is tiled
• Room service is 24 hrs
• Non smoking rooms
• WLAN is available FOC in all bedrooms & public areas
• The furniture is flexible in the rooms and items can be removed on request
• If you require any assistance during your stay the concierge & duty manager can be contacted via reception
• We have a set evacuation procedure for basic information - Alarm bells will sound continuously if required someone will come to your room and assist you to a refuge area
• All front of house staff have regular training which includes disability awareness
• All housekeeping staff have been trained and are aware of procedure to aid privacy in bedrooms
• There is a good network coverage in all hotel areas including bedrooms
• Address: Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport, Woolsington, Newcastle, NE138DJ
• Hotel direct number: 0191 4019988
• Central Reservations: 08712220028
• Hotel direct fax: 01661 860157
• Central Reservations fax: 08712227716
• Hours of operation: 24hr
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please contact the Hotel on 0191 4019988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org