Entry to building and reception
No parking near hotel. NCP above New Street Train Station. Revolving doors can be opened, steep ramp to reception area.
H1 V1 M2
2 Designated accessible Bedrooms & Bathrooms Available. Shower in bath. (Room numbers 303 & 503)
H1 V1 M2
Restaurants and Bars
Restaurants and Bars accessible by lift. Full room service available.
H1 V1 M2
All conference rooms accessible by lift, disabled toilet on the mezzanine floor.
H1 V1 M2
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Staff detailed to collect disabled from room.
H1 V1 M2
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to the Britannia Hotel, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to you arrival
• Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or fax
• Should you require a taxi to the hotel from New Street Station we can contact our local taxi firm to pre book or from New Street Station, black cabs are readily available which are suitable for wheel chair users, if required.
• Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
• There is a mobile ramp inside the hotel via access from the fire exit door next to the main enterance.
• The ramp has access to the entrance of the hotel.
• The entrance is fitted with a wide door.
• The floor is made from marble through out and is suitable for wheel chairs.
• Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
• Reception may at your request complete the registration card on your behalf allowing add your signature.
• Our corridors are well lit and carpeted through out and can be accessed by a lift suitable for wheelchairs
• Our Bar area is open plan and situated on the level to lounge
• Our Jennys restaurant is situated and is open plan
• The restaurant can be accessed from the rooms by the means on the lift suitable for wheelchairs.
• A disabled toilet is situated in the lounge area of the bar.
• The toilets are fitted with pull alarms with will notify reception is assistance is needed.
• The Fire alarm system is a bell in the public areas and the bedrooms.
• Jennys Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch (if required) and dinner is accessed by taking the lift to the first floor.
• Jennys Restaurant offers a carvery self service for all meals and also a la carte in the evening. The restaurant staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• All areas are well lit
• There is ample moveable seating in the restaurant.
• The bar is situated on the level of the lounge and afford easy access
• A bar snack menu is available due bar opening times with hot food being served until 10.00pm
• There is ample moveable seating in the bar
• The bar staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• A limited number of accessible rooms are available on the 4th and 5th floor but are accessable via the lift.
• Two rooms are fitted with pull cord in the bedroom and bath room for emergency use
• The baths have rails the wash hand basins are at a lower level and the toilets have rails.
• All fitting are situated at a height for easy of use.
• Bathrooms have doors suitable for wheelchair access.
• Rooms are situated close to a fire exit suitable for wheelchairs and an waiting point.
Conference and Banqueting Facilities
• Our main banqueting rooms are accessible on the 2nd floor via the lift.
• Our remaining rooms can be accessed by our passenger lift to the 8th floor.
• All dogs are welcome.
• A fridge is avaiable for medication.
• Special diets can be catered for if notified in advance.