Entry to building and reception
2 Designated parking spaces, level access to front doors
& reception. Lowered section for check-in. Induction
H2 V2 M2
2 accessible bedrooms/bathrooms. (Room numbers 409 &
H2 V2 M2
Restaurants and Bars
Restaurant & Bar accessible, staff briefed with knowledge of
H2 V2 M2
Conference rooms on 1st floor, not very accessible.
H2 V1 M1
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Staff detailed to collect guests from room.
H1 V1 M3
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to the Britannia Hotel, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a
Medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to you arrival
• Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or fax
• Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Manchester Airport we can contact our local taxi firm to pre book or from Manchester Airport (10 minutes drive), black cabs are readily available which are suitable for wheel chair users, if required.
• Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
• The front entrance is flat and no need for a ramp
• There are clear designate parking space available.
• The entrance is fitted with two sets of large automatic doors
• The floor is carpeted through out and is suitable for wheel chairs.
• Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
• Reception may at your request complete the registration card on your behalf allowing add your signature.
• Our corridors are well lit and carpeted through out and can be accessed by a lift suitable for wheelchairs
• Our Bar area is open plan and situated near reception it has 2 steps up to it.
• Our Palatine restaurant is situated and the same level as reception and is open plan
• The restaurant can be accessed from the reception by wheelchairs and will lead you into the bottom section of the bar.
• A disabled toilet is situated in the link corridor from the lounge to the bedrooms. They are situated in the main public toilets.
• The toilets are fitted with pull alarms with will notify reception is assistance is needed.
• The Fire alarm system is a sounder in the public areas and the bedrooms.
• The Palatine Restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch (if required) and dinner is accessed by reception.
• The Palatine restaurant offers a la carte in the evening. The restaurant staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• All areas are well lit and have access to the outside of the building.
• There is ample moveable seating in the bottom part off the restaurant.
• The bar is situated on two levels and the bottom level can be access by the restaurant.
• A bar snack menu is available due bar opening times with hot food being served until 10.00pm
• There is ample moveable seating in the bar
• The bar staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• A limited number of accessible rooms are available on the 4th floor which are accessed from the lifts
• Two rooms are fitted with pull cord in the bedroom and bath room for emergency use
• The baths have rails and the toilets have rails.
• All Dog are welcome
• Special diets can be catered for if notified in advance
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistances, please call 0161 455 0166.