Entry to building and reception
Separate entrance for wheelchair users, lift to all
H1 V1 M2
Accessible Bedrooms & Bathrooms available.
H1 V1 M2
Restaurants and Bar
Restaurant & Bar accessible.
H1 V1 M2
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Braille procedures available from reception. Staff detailed to
collect less able persons from room. Evacuation chair is
H1 V1 M3
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to the Britannia Hotel, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone or email.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
- An alarm bell for attention is situated at the front of the building.
- A separate entrance for wheelchairs and mobility scooters available, Reception or the Duty manager will open the door and direct from the Perrins bar to reception.
- The floor is carpeted throughout and is suitable for wheelchairs.
- Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
- Our corridors are well lit and carpeted throughout.
- Our residents Perrins bar, is located off reception and on the same level. This area is carpeted.
- A disabled toilet is situated on the 2nd floor with use of the lift.
- The fire alarm system has sirens in the public areas. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary.
Restaurants and Bars
- Grove Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner is accessed through the Perrin's bar, is on the ground floor. The Grove Restaurant operates as a buffet self service area for all meals, as the area is quite restricted, a member of staff would help you to choose and serve you at your table.
- Background music plays in the restaurant and bar areas.
- All areas are well lit.
- Snacks are also available throughout the day in this bar area.
- One room on the first floor is equipped with hands rails, pull cord, the bathroom is not wide enough for the wheelchair access.
- Bedrooms generally have limited space for wheelchair users.
- Guide dogs are welcome
- A small fridge can be made available upon request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistance, please call 207 586 2233.