Entry to building and reception
Designated Car parking spaces. Level access to reception.
Lift access to bedrooms.
H1 V1 M3
6 accessible bedrooms, roll in showers available.
H1 V1 M3
Restaurants and Bars
Level access to all 3 restaurants, lounge service for drinks.
Room service available.
H1 V1 M3
All conference rooms accessible, with designated accessible
H1 V1 M3
Health Club all levels accessible via lift. The changing
facilities are located ont eh 2nd basement level and are not
accessed by the lift.
H1 V1 M2
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Braille procedures available. Staff to collect guests from
room. Evacuation chairs available.
H1 V1 M3
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
The International is situated on the water's edge next to Canary Wharf, London Docklands internationally famous office development, and home of many multi-national companies. The International is a traditional hotel with fantastic panoramic views overlooking the London Skyline. This Docklands Hotel has every up to date facility and is only minutes walk from South Quay on the Docklands Light Railway and Canary Wharf on the Jubilee Line, which both are wheelchair accessible. London City Airport, Excel Exhibition Centre, The O2 Arena, Greenwich and the West End of London are all within easy reach. The Hotel is outside the congestion charging zone.
We offer the following services and facilities:
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 0207 712 0100
• Our website has been developed to accessible guidelines including WC3 and PAS 78.
• You can contact the hotel by phone, email, fax or in person. We are open 24hrs although response e.g. to emails, may be reduced from 11pm to 7am.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• Hotel entrance accessible by wheelchair via ramp.
• The doors to the main entrance are manual i.e. push/pull along with a revolving door.
• There is an area directly outside the main entrance, this is for dropping off and picking up only, cars must not be left unattended.
• The underground car park has approximately 80 spaces, of which 2 are designated for disabled guests, located in close proximity to the main doorway.
• If you need assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, our team of porters and concierge are available.
Main Entrance and Reception
• The reception desk is immediately to your left when entering the front entrance.
• The lounge is situated opposite of the reception area with ample seating.
• Our staff will brief you of our evacuation policy on request.
• There are 3 lifts situated on the ground floor.
• All restaurants are wheelchair accessible.
• The main bar, The conservatory Bar, is situated at the far end of the lounge area; there are 3 steps en route to the bar, we do provide lounge service for drinks.
• If required staff can help you become familiar with the hotel.
Public Areas - WC
There is one unisex easy access toilets situated on the ground floor of the hotel plus one on the first floor.
The toilets provide:
• Emergency Alarm pull cord.
• 150x 160cm free space free of obstacles and doors.
• 98 cm transfer space to the left of the restaurant/bar toilet and to the right of the meeting area toilet.
• Floor is non-slip laminate.
• There are vertical rails either side of basins and toilets.
• There is a horizontal rail on the side opposite from the toilet.
• There are lever taps on sinks.
• There is colour contrast with critical surfaces, tiles are coloured and sanitary ware is white.
• There are refuge areas located on each floor these are near the stair well on each floor.
• Spindles Health Club is accessed by the lift.
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Lounges
• There is Spice Indian Restaurant situated on the ground floor to the left of reception which is wheel chair accessible.
• It has level entry and is open plan with carpeted even flooring.
• Table service is offered in the Lounge.
• There are 3 restaurant on the ground floor, which is reached through the Lounge area.
• Menus are available in large print and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for the meal.
• Lighting is mainly natural daylight whilst for the evening meal lighting is low level. Lighting can be increased if required.
• We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise staff on booking.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs and
• We have in total 14 conference rooms available, 12 of which are wheelchair accessible, please contact the Conference and Banqueting team for further information on 0207 712 0100.
• Please notify conference organizers in advance if any additional services are required for conferences e.g. interpreters, palantypist, specific seating or staging, we do try to accommodate everyone's needs where possible.
• There are 6 accessible bedrooms which provide specific facilities for guests with a disability these include:
• Wide but light easy to open entry doors.
• Level entry showers.
• Grab rails around shower vertical and horizontal.
• Grab rails either side of the toilet vertical and horizontal.
• Seat raiser for toilets where required.
• Storage and wardrobe hanging adjustable to needs.
• Transfer space and turning of at least 120 cm either side of beds
• Emergency procedures clearly written and in large print.
• Flooring in bedrooms is short pile carpet.
• Flooring in bathroom is non slip laminate
• Lighting levels are controllable and reading lamps are provided.
• Room service is 24 hours.
• Bedding is all non-feather.
• Non - smoking rooms.
• The furniture can be moved or removed on request.
• If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via reception.
• We have a set evacuation procedure: For basic information - Alarm bells are a continuous alarm. Someone will come to your room and assist with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge. We have safe lifts and evacuation chairs to assist.
• All front of house staff have regular training, which includes disability awareness training.
• All housekeeping staff are trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms.
• There is good network coverage for mobile phones within the hotel and average coverage from hotel bedrooms. All networks work.
• List of equipment hire companies available on request.
• List of carers in the local area available on request.