Entry to building and reception
Lift Access to ground floors, separate lifts for different areas of hotel, lift access to all bedrooms
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Rooms 208 and 210 are fitted with disabled
Restaurant and Bars
Harbour Lights accessed via 2 lifts
Conference Rooms/Entertainment Rooms
No lift access to Palm Court Ballroom staff assistance available via reception
Fire and evacuation procedures
Braille procedures available from reception desk, staff have priority listing for guests who need assistance in the event of an emergency, please register on arrival,
Prior to your arrival:
• Enquiries and assistance may be made by phone direct to the hotel on 01723 375371 or FAX to 01723 378518
• If you are travelling by train many Station Taxis have large disabled taxis and can be pre-booked to meet your train, direct on 01723 366366, the station is less than 1.5 miles from hotel and the typical fare in the region of £4.60
• Directions to the hotel by car can be found on our website
On arrival at the hotel:
• There is an exterior ramp located to the left hand side of the hotel's main entrance, if these black doors are locked shut for security reasons please ask at reception for the access door to be opened, access is available 24 hours a day. These doors are controlled manually.
• The ramp has access to the main hotel and reception area
• Please note the hotel has no car parking facilities at all and ALL nearby parking bays are subject to availability as they are all operated by Scarborough District Council, if you have a national recognised disabled disc, no fee is payable for these spaces, if no disc reduced daily permits can be bought for £6.00 at reception. You can load and unload for a limited time in the hotels loading bay area at the front of the hotel. Council car parking attendants are in evidence 24 hours a day and they do issue tickets for car parking not done in compliance with their bye-laws.
• The floor is carpeted throughout and suitable for wheelchairs
• Reception is on one level, assistance by hotel staff can be given for registering, or hotel staff can complete your card on your behalf for you to sign
• All corridors are carpeted or tiled and accessible for a wheelchair
• Hotel lifts are small and can only accommodate 1 wheelchair and 1 carer at a time
• All Restaurants and Bars (except Harbour Lights which can be accessed via lifts) are on ground floor level.
• The Cabaret Ballroom is on 2 levels and ground floor is direct access and 1st floor level accessed by lift, Palm Court Ballroom requires assisted staff access to this room as they are 12 steps leading to this room.
• The hotel has a large Sea-View Terrace with limited access via a separate ramp situated from inside the Coffee Shop and Premier Restaurant.
• A designated and spacious unisex disabled toilet is located on the north side of the ground floor sea view corridor
• All other toilets are on the ground floor but are standard size and have no direct wheelchair access.
• The Fire Alarm throughout the building is a loud audible siren
• A continuous sounding of the alarm means you should evacuate the building and do not use any lift
• Please register for assistance in the event of an emergency at the hotel Reception Desk
• Harbour Lights is the hotel's main restaurant serving breakfast and dinner and is only accessible by lifts.
• The Premier restaurant which is the hotel's Coffee Shop by day also serves breakfast and dinner and can be used on payment of a supplement or is included with all Premier Room packages.
• Both hotel restaurants operate a fully self-service Hot and Cold Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• During the day the Coffee Shop operates a table service after breakfast till the afternoon.
• There is ample space in both restaurants, although at peak times both restaurants do get busy.
• Service is restricted to counter service only and only normal bar drinks and hot drinks are served with the exception of the Cocktail Bar which serves hot drinks. There is no bar food available at this hotel.
• There is ample seating, but please note most seating consists of individual and large sofas, upright chairs can be requested, and staff can assist to take drinks to table
• A very limited number of rooms on the 2nd floor which is accessed via lift, the hotel has no ground floor bedrooms
• These rooms have a large bedroom area with plenty of space for mobility in a wheelchair, the bathrooms only have showers which does involve a small step, they have seats and grab rails, sinks are at lower level and the toilets has grab rails by side
• These rooms are situated close to stairs and lift for easier access
Conference and Banqueting Rooms:
• The main Cabaret Ballroom has good level access on the ground floor, the 1st floor seating area of this room requires access via lift.
• The Palm Court Ballroom on the 1st floor requires assisted access at all times as there are some 12 steps to this room.
• Guide Dogs for the blind and partially sighted welcome, sorry no other dogs allowed
• Special diets can be requested if notified in advance of arrival.
• Medication can be stored by the hotel in a refrigerated environment with pre-arranged access when needed, they are no fridges in any rooms
• Smoking areas are on designated locations on the Sea -View Terrace and outside on street level either side of the hotel's main doors. There are no covered smoking facility areas provided by the hotel.