Entry to building and reception
Accessible lounge and toilet. Lift to lower ground floor.
Induction loop provided.
H1 V1 M2
Accessible bedrooms and bathrooms available
H1 V1 M2
Restaurants and Bars
Restaurant, bar and most function rooms totally accessible,
Nightclub accessible up 3 steps.
H1 V1 M2
Most conference rooms accessible
H1 V1 M2
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Braille procedures. Staff detailed to collect disabled from room. Evacuation chairs available.
H1 V1 M2
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to the Britannia Hotel, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a Medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to you arrival
• Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or fax
• Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Brighton Station 1.5mile we can contact our local taxi firm to pre book or from Brighton Station. Cabs are readily available which are suitable for wheel chair users, if required.
• Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
• There is facility for a ramp situated to the left of the front door via the Pavilion Bar at the end of the building
• There is a door bell at the right of the front door if you need assistance with the ramp
• The ramp has access through the Pavilion bar to Reception.
• There are nearby metered parking spaces. If you hold a disabled Blue Badge, you do not have to pay
• The floor is carpeted through out and is suitable for wheel chairs.
• Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
• Reception may at your request complete the registration card on your behalf allowing add your signature
• Our corridors are well lit and carpeted through out and can be accessed by a lift suitable for wheelchairs
• Our Bar area is open plan and situated on the level to lounge
• Our Jenny's restaurant is situated and the same level as reception and lounge
• The restaurant can be accessed via reception and lounge
• A disabled toilet is situated on the lower ground floor via the lift to floor '-1' • The toilets are fitted with pull alarms with will notify reception is assistance is needed.
• The Fire alarm system is a bell in the public areas and the bedrooms.
• Jenny's Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch (if required) and dinner
• Jenny's offers a buffet self service for all meals. The
restaurant staff will advise of the choices and served you at the
• All areas are well lit and have access to the outside of the building.
• There is ample moveable seating in the restaurant.
• The bar is situated on the level of the lounge and afford easy access
• A bar snack menu is available due bar opening times with hot food being served until 9.30pm
• There is ample moveable seating in the bar
• The bar staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• A limited number of accessible rooms are available on the first floor
Three rooms are fitted with pull cord in the bath room for
• The baths have rails the wash hand basins are at a lower level and the toilets have rails.
• All fitting are situated at a height for easy of use.
• Bathrooms have hand rails suitable for wheelchair access.
• Rooms are situated close to a refuge point suitable for wheelchairs and an outside waiting point.
Conference and Banqueting Facilities
• Our main banqueting facility, the Britannia suite has direct access from the front of the building via the lift to the lower ground floor.
• All Guide Dogs are welcome
• Special diets can be catered for if notified in advance
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistances, please call 01273 329202.