Entry to building and reception
Ramped access to automatic door. Induction loop
H1 V1 M3
Designated bedrooms/bathrooms on ground floor. (Room
numbers 13 and 15)
H1 V1 M3
Restaurants and Bars
Level access to Restaurant. Lounge/table service for Bar.
Carvery assistance offered by staff. Room service available.
H1 V1 M3
Conference rooms are all accesible, designated disabled toilets
in seperate area.
H1 V1 M3
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Braille procedures available. Staff to collect guests from
room. Evacuation chairs available.
H1 V1 M3
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you
enjoy your visit to the Britannia Hotel, regardless of whether your
life is affected in some way by a
Medical condition, disability, impairment or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to you arrival
• Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone, email or
• Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Bolton Station 3.5 miles Lostock Station 1.5mile or Manchester Airport we can contact our local taxi firm to pre book or from Bolton Station or Manchester Airport (45 minutes drive), black cabs are readily available which are suitable for wheel chair users, if required.
• Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
• There is a ramp situated at the end of the building as
you approached from the drive.
• There are green signs stating the number to call if you need assistance.
• The ramp has access to the entrance of the hotel.
• There are clear designate parking space available.
• The entrance is fitted with two sets of large automatic doors
• The floor is carpeted through out and is suitable for
• Reception is all on one level. The registration card will be placed on a clipboard for ease of use.
• Reception may at your request complete the registration card on your behalf allowing add your signature
• Our corridors are well lit and carpeted through out and
can be accessed by a lift suitable for wheelchairs or there are six
steps to bar and bedroom level
• Our Bar area is open plan and situated on the level to lounge and corridors
• Our Junction restaurant is situated and the same level as reception and is open plan
• The restaurant can be accessed from the rooms by the means on the lift suitable for wheelchairs or by using the six steps down to reception.
• A disabled toilet is situated in the link corridor from
the lounge to the bedrooms on the right hand side as you approach
• The toilets are fitted with pull alarms with will notify reception is assistance is needed.
• The Fire alarm system is a bell in the public areas and
• Two rooms on the ground floor also have flashing lights.
• The Junction Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch (if
required) and dinner is accessed by taking the lift situated in the
• The junction offers a carvery self service for all meals and also a la carte in the evening. The restaurant staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• All areas are well lit and have access to the outside of the building.
• There is ample moveable seating in the restaurant.
• The bar is situated on the level of the lounge and afford
• A bar snack menu is available due bar opening times with hot food being served until 10.00pm
• There is ample moveable seating in the bar
• . The bar staff will advise of the choices and served you at the table.
• A limited number of rooms are available on the ground
floor which are accessed from the lounge and link corridor to the
• Two rooms are fitted with pull cord in the bedroom and bath room for emergency use
• The baths have rails the wash hand basins are at a lower level and the toilets have rails.
• All fitting are situated at a height for easy of use.
• Bathrooms have doors suitable for wheelchair access.
• One room has a connecting room if required.
• Rooms are situated close to a fire exit suitable for wheelchairs and an outside waiting point.
Conference and Banqueting Facilities
• Our main banqueting facility, the Beaumont suite has
direct access from the front of the building via an access
• Our Garden room is accessed from the lounge with direct access to the
• Disabled toilet
• Two function rooms are situated on the ground floor and are accessed via the lounge
• Our remaining rooms can be accessed by our passenger lift to the 2nd floor
• All Dog are welcome
• Rooms have fridge in them for medication
• Special diets can be catered for if notified in advance
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistances, please call 01204855500.