Entry to the building and reception
Ramp to the hotel and lift access to three of the four floors.
Lift Door Access : Width 80c m & Height 201cm.
Lift Dimensions : Length 149cm, Width 82cm, Height 227 cm.
H1 V1 M3
Accessible bedrooms and bathrooms available
H1 V1 M2
Restaurants and Bars
60 of the 100 covers within the restaurant on floor level, 30 of the remaining covers are up 1 step, the final ten covers are up 4 steps. Bars completely accessible.
H1 V1 M2
All conference rooms situated on the ground floor are fully accessible. The Savoy Suite is situated on the lower ground floor, which has lift access to the suite but there are 5 steps that lead into the function room.
H1 V1 M2
Fire and Evacuation procedures
Staff detailed to collect partially sighted, blind and deaf guests from their rooms. Wheelchair bound guests are moved to safe area within the hotel whilst a member of management waits with them for the arrival of the fire brigade. Evacuation chairs available.
H1 V1 M3
The hotel is wheelchair accessible, with 2 fully adapted disabled rooms which have Wet room Bathrooms. Rooms 201 & 301 are the disabled rooms.
The hotel is situated on Blackpool's Queens Promenade with
beautiful views of the Irish Sea. We have 145 double, single, twin
and family rooms.
Our aim is to provide the highest standards of service to all our guests and encourage this through our culture and detailed staff training. We look forward to welcoming you to the Savoy and making your stay an enjoyable one.
We offer the following services and facilities:
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact the
reservations team on 01253 352561
• The centre of town is a 20-minute walk away.
• A bus service is available directly from outside the hotel to the town centre.
• There is a taxi company that specialises in accessible taxi services and we have a free phone situated in our reception area.
• Our website has been developed to accessible guidelines including WC3 and PAS 78.
• Our brochures, sample menus and tariffs are available in larger font on request.
• You can contact the hotel by phone, email, fax or in person. We are open 24hrs although response e.g. to emails, may be reduced from 11pm to 7am.
• We have a list of local equipment hirers that is available on request.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• All guests should use the main entrance to the hotel on
Queens Promenade, there is a ramp and the ground is level.
• The doors to the main entrance are manual i.e. push/pull.
• There is an area directly outside the main entrance, this is for dropping off and picking up only, cars must not be left unattended.
• A manager is available for valet parking if required.
• You can access the car park and use the main entrance to the hotel, which is serviced by a lift to 3 of the 4 floors.
• The car park has 90 spaces, of which 3 are designated for disabled guests, located in close proximity to the main doorway.
• If you need assistance with luggage, equipment or guidance, our team of porters and concierge are on duty 24hrs.
• Water can be provided for dogs.
Main Entrance and Reception
• There is a ramp from the car park to the lobby.
• The reception desk is immediately to your left when entering the front entrance.
• The lounge is situated to the right of the reception area with ample seating.
• The reception desk is 110cm high. Registration can be completed whilst sitting in the reception area and we have clipboards available.
• Our staff will brief you of our evacuation policy on request.
• The registration card can be enlarged if required.
• To the right of the main reception area is the lift to three of our four floors for bedrooms.
• The main restaurant is Gilberts and is situated through the lounge and on the left hand side.
• The main bar, The Albany, is situated at the far end of the lounge area; there are no steps or slopes en route to either the restaurant or the bar.
• If required staff can help you become familiar with the hotel.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• The public telephone is situated to the left of
• The lift has tactile buttons set at a standard height.
• There is one mirror at the back of the lift at 80cm -170cm; the other sides have fabric with designs on.
• There are refuge areas located on each floor these are near the stair well on each floor.
• Lift Door Access : Width 80c m & Height 201cm.
• Lift Dimensions : Length 149cm, Width 82cm, Height 227 cm.
Public Areas - WC
There are two unisex easy access toilets situated on the ground
floor of the hotel.
The toilets provide:
• Emergency Alarm pull cord.
• 150x 160cm free space free of obstacles and doors.
• 98 cm transfer space to the left of the restaurant/bar toilet and to the right of the meeting area toilet.
• Floor is non-slip laminate.
• There are vertical rails either side of basins and toilets.
• There is a horizontal rail on the side opposite from the toilet.
• There are lever taps on sinks.
• There is colour contrast with critical surfaces, tiles are coloured and sanitary ware is white.
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Lounges
• There is a bar situated on the ground floor to the left
• It has level entry and is open plan with carpeted even flooring.
• The bar area is on the right.
• Table service is offered in the Lounge.
• There is a selection of tables and chairs available of varying heights.
• Lighting is mainly natural daylight from large windows overlooking the sea whilst parts of the bar have low-level lighting at night; there are areas which are well lit also.
• There is a restaurant on the ground floor, which is reached through the Lounge area.
• There is a host desk on entry to the restaurant where staff will seat you at a table.
• The restaurant is table service and buffet service.
• Menus are available in large print and staff will automatically take you through the menu and choices for the meal.
• Lighting is mainly natural daylight whilst for the evening meal lighting is low level. Lighting can be increased at certain tables if required.
• We are able to cater for varying dietary needs, please advise staff on booking.
• A laundry and dry cleaning service is offered. Bags are available in bedrooms and are collected by 9 am each day and returned by 5 pm (no dry cleaning on Sundays). Bags are collected from reception.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs and Entertainment
• We have 4 main conference rooms on the ground
• All 4 rooms are reached through double doors (each is 95 cm wide).
• Lighting is even.
• Please notify conference organizers in advance if any additional services are required for conferences e.g. interpreters, palantypist, specific seating or staging, we do try to accommodate everyone's needs where possible.
• There are 2 accessible bedrooms which provide specific
facilities for guests with a disability these include:
• Wide but light easy to open entry doors.
• Level entry showers.
• Grab rails around shower vertical and horizontal.
• Shower wheelchair available on request.
• Grab rails either side of the toilet vertical and horizontal.
• Seat raiser for toilets where required.
• Storage and wardrobe hanging adjustable to needs.
• Transfer space and turning of at least 120 cm either side of beds
• 23 cm space under the beds.
• Emergency procedures clearly written and in large print.
• Flooring in bedrooms is short pile carpet.
• Flooring in bathroom is non slip laminate
• Lighting levels are controllable and reading lamps are provided.
• Room service is 24 hours.
• Bedding is all non-feather.
• Non - smoking rooms.
• The furniture can be moved or removed on request.
• If you require any assistance during your stay please
contact reception. The Duty Manager can also be contacted via
• We have a set evacuation procedure: For basic information - Alarm bells are a continuous alarm. Someone will come to your room and assist with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge. We have safe lifts and evacuation chairs to assist.
• All front of house staff have regular training, which includes disability awareness training.
• All housekeeping staff are trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms.
• There is good network coverage for mobile phones within the hotel and average coverage from hotel bedrooms. All networks work.
• List of equipment hire companies available on request.
• List of carers in the local area available on request.
Click Here for Tourism Council Accessibility Chart
• Address. The Savoy Hotel, Queens Promenade, Blackpool,
Lancashire, FY2 9SJ,
• Telephone: 01253 352561
• Fax: 01253 595549
• Email: /
• Reception available 24hrs
• Wheelchair Hire Service: 01253 405457 (24hr mobile 07928718405)
• Free phone taxi available in reception area